HDP Research Opportunities

In addition to the two required research methods courses for all HDP majors--HDP 181 and HDP 191--undergraduate students can receive academic credit and/or major credit for volunteering in a developmental research lab under one of the following course numbers: HDP 199: Independent Studies, HDP 193: Advanced Research in Human Development, or an HDP Honors Thesis (HDP 194A-B-C). To learn more about the differences between each, please visit the above links.

Developmental labs that are actively seeking research volunteers for academic credit are listed here, but students are also encouraged to directly contact other faculty members they are interested in working with to inquire about possible research positions. HDP affiliated faculty members have unique and varied areas of study, so it is likely that students will be able to identify a faculty member whose interests mirror their own.